ABRSM and Trinity Exam Results, Student Concerts
ABRSM High Scores
High scores in exams reflect a fine level of playing achieved by the students and rewards them for the hard work put in.
Students' high scores in ABRSM piano exams are below. In exams, 130
marks out of 150 is a distinction, 120 is merit and 100 is pass.
- 138 marks High Distinction in Grade 8 practical
- 141 marks High Distinction in Grade 7 practical
- 139 marks High Distinction in Grade 6 practical
- 141 marks High Distinction in Grade 5 practical
Most of my theory students do the grade 5, grade 6 and grade 8 theory exams. 80 marks is merit and 90 marks is distinction. These are the high scores:
- 96 marks Distinction in grade 5 theory
- 93 marks Distinction in grade 6 theory
- 94 marks Distinction in grade 8 theory
2017 ABRSM Exam Results
Many congratulations to the students who worked hard and did excellently in the ABRSM exams this year:
- Two grade 5 distinctions - 133 and 136 marks
- One grade 6 distinction - 130 marks
- One grade 4 distinction - 130 marks
2017 ATCL Piano Diploma Results
Both ATCL candidates passed their diploma exams in May and June; one is a 14-year old boy and another a young piano teacher. Good marks a little short of distinction with full marks for presentation in one of the exams! It was such a joy watching the students blossom into young pianists who play beautifully from the heart. Warmest congratulations!
June 2017 Summer Stories Student Concert
We enjoyed a student concert presented by 18 of Clara's students in June. Friends and family attended our cosy concert at Chinese Swimming Club.
2016 ABRSM Exam Results
The August to September 2016 exam period was quite a remarkable one with 7 high grade students (6 students in grade 8) sitting for their ABRSM practical exams! I'm thankful for their excellent results:
- 4 distinctions (3 in grade 8 and 1 in grade 6)
- 3 merits (all 3 in grade 8)
That makes 57% distinctions and 43% merits with 100% achieving at least a merit. Praise God!
2015 ABRSM Exam Results
Most of my students don't take exams every year, many students
skipping grades when the standard is sufficiently
exceeded. Some complete grade 8 after only two to three exams, scoring
distinctions in grade 8.
With most students in higher grades,
- 78% of the students achieve merits and distinctions
- 33% achieve distinctions
- 45% achieve merits
Click here to read on my Teaching Approach
Click here to read Student Testimonials